Maloca Wall Art Stencil
USPS can deliver most domestic packages within 3-5 business days (often sooner). For international packages, the delivery time is appr. 7-14 days. For Expedited shipping please select the options at the Checkout. Allow 1 business day for processing of all expedited orders.
You can return your unused items within 30 days with no restocking fee. Questions? Please see our full Shipping and Returns Policy.
If you require custom size stencils, please contact us.
Sheet: 24" x 24.8", Design: appr. 21" in diameter
Maloca wall art stencil: inspired by the tribal Malocas of the Amazon (a communal dwelling), this large wall stencil has a natural appeal that grabs your heart. Use it as a single motif or as an allover stencil pattern for an accent wall.
Be creative: overlap the design, use different colors, create your own allover stencil pattern, add shading, use metallic paint - possibilities are endless. You can even make it somewhat 3D by troweling plaster through the stencil. You can stencil over simple latex paint, plaster, faux finish background or even wallpaper if it is in decent condition.
This tribal stencil is so easy to use, virtually anyone can do it. Simply tape the stencil to the wall using BLUE painter's tape, then load your foam roller with the paint of your choice (latex or acrylic). Get rid of excess paint by rolling the foam roller over a folded paper towel. Then, just roll it over the stencil applying medium pressure for an instant fabulous result! Don't press on the roller too hard otherwise you might get some bleed. Transform your room in less than 1 hour!
Want to learn the easiest stenciling technique? Here are the detailed illustrated Roller Stenciling Tips.
You can stencil with acrylic or latex paint, stencil creams, fabric paint or plaster of your choice. Use a foam roller or stencil brush. You can trowel the plaster through the stencil to achieve stunning dimensional effect.
Although our stencils do not require the use of spray adhesive, this pattern could benefit from it to help minimize paint seepage, especially if your walls have a slight texture to them. (Elmer's spray adhesive seems to be the best). Make sure you shake the can well and lightly mist (not drench) the stencil, and let it dry for a moment before positioning it on the wall. This step will prevent the adhesive residue transferring to the wall. You'll need to re-mist the stencil after a few repeats. Note: you will still need to hold the stencil in place with a few pieces of blue painters tape! Adhesive by itself is not enough to hold the stencil on the wall. Clean-up tip: Spray the stencil with Simple Green to help to remove adhesive residue. Please note that once you've used spray adhesive on your stencil, it will never really come off completely. That is why we personally prefer not to use adhesive, and instead use less paint on your roller or stencil brush.
Stenciling on rough or textured walls may contribute to increased paint bleed. For more information on stenciling on textured walls, see our F.A.Q. section.
If you compare our stencil thickness, size, design quality and prices, you will be amazed at the value that Cutting Edge Stencils offer!
And make sure you watch our short step-by-step Video Tutorials!
You'll find them extremely helpful for your stenciling project. While prior experience is helpful when working with repeat interlocking stencils, even beginners get great results!
About seepage and imperfections: Even with a proper loaded roller and correct technique you might get some minor paint seepage here and there. In most cases it's not noticeable, especially from a couple of feet away and it can be easily touched up with a small brush. Don't forget that you're creating a "hand-painted wall finish". A few imperfections and some paint seepage here and there are natural and inevitable for this type of work. To avoid seepage, use spray adhesive and less paint on your roller and brush.
Did you know you can stencil on fabric too? You can create custom stenciled curtains, pillows and table cloths with our stencils! When stenciling on fabric, stencil adhesive is very helpful. First, tape your ironed fabric to the surface so it doesn't move around while you stencil. Use stencil brushes, or roller, and add some textile medium (sold in craft stores) to your acrylic paint. You can also get a special fabric paint, but, frankly, good craft acrylics with a dollop of textile medium work just as well, and costs way less too! :) Let the stenciled image dry completely, 24 hours is best, then heat-set it by ironing the fabric for about 20 seconds (more or less) on a LOW setting through the piece of cloth. Heat-setting will cure the paint and prevent it from being washed off in the washing machine. Always experiment with a sample of your fabric first to ensure good results. I've stenciled on silk, cotton, linen and even sheer fabrics with great results. It's always better if your fabric doesn't have too much texture.
The stencil is made out of durable 12 mil clear plastic stencil material. This material is strong but flexible, reusable and easy to clean. We love it so much more than standard 5-8 mil Mylar! It's not brittle, user friendly and just so easy to work with. In our many years of professional stenciling this material has proven to be far superior to any other stencil material we used. Our customers love it too, and we are sure that you'll notice the difference! Our stencils will last a long time and are a pleasure to use.
- Dense Foam 2" Roller with Handle for smaller DIY stenciling projects Dense foam 2" roller with metal handle$1.95
- If you compare our stencil thickness, size, design quality and prices, you will be amazed at the value that Cutting Edge Stencils offers!
- Our stencils are expertly designed by decorative painting professionals, so when you're buying a stencil from Cutting Edge it's backed by our 20+ years of painting and decorating experience.
- Our Sturdy and Reusable stencils can be used again and again. One stencil can produce many images unlike one-time use vinyl decals. Our stencils are laser cut from 10 mil mylar stencil material which is user-friendly and easy to clean.
- Stencils are super economical! Stenciling is more cost effective than wallpaper, decals or faux finishes. Stencils work on walls, even lightly textured ones, also on floors, ceilings, furniture and fabric You are not limited with your color choices. Choose any paint color you want to perfectly match your decor Stencils will never damage your walls. No peeling, no glue residue, no worries.
- Unlike decals or wallpaper, stenciling is easy to touch-up, adjust or re-do. With most decals you only get one chance to install it right. With wallpaper, the splitting seams and messy removal together with high cost makes it a less attractive option.
- We ship our stencils fast using USPS Priority Mail and also offer Expedited shipping options and International shipping at very competitive rates.
- Our large stencil collection is constantly growing reflecting the most current decorating trends, so you have plenty of modern stencil designs to choose from.
- We offer custom scaling of our designs up or down to accommodate your specific project.
- Our customer service is the best and the friendliest! We are here for you to answer your questions, to help you place an order, and to solve any possible issues.
- Cutting Edge Stencils is an established leading brand with a huge social following, actively present on all major social platforms. We offer the best in the industry video tutorials and expert stenciling instructions.