Magnolia Vine Stencil
USPS can deliver most domestic packages within 3-5 business days (often sooner). For international packages, the delivery time is appr. 7-14 days. For Expedited shipping please select the options at the Checkout. Allow 1 business day for processing of all expedited orders.
You can return your unused items within 30 days with no restocking fee. Questions? Please see our full Shipping and Returns Policy.
If you require custom size stencils, please contact us.
Offered in 3 sizes.
SMALL: Design is appr. 7" in diameter
MEDIUM: Design is appr. 14" in diameter
LARGE: Design is appr. 22" in diameter
This beautiful vine stencil Magnolia Vine is one of our Japanese Mon inspired stencil designs. Graceful floral and animal designs like these were used as family crests ( or mons) in ancient Japan. They could be found on furniture, textiles and various household objects. Now you can beautify your walls, floors, pillows and even t-shirts with these elegant stencil designs. Perfect for DIY decor. Great for allover wallpaper look, or stenciled as a single ornament in a key space, or repeated as a vertical stripe. Use just this design in one size, or add another one from the series and mix them up. Be creative and experiment, it's so much fun!
This stencil is so easy to use, virtually anyone can do it. Simply tape it to the wall using BLUE painter's tape, (or secure it with spray adhesive), then load your dense foam roller with a paint of your choice (latex or acrylic). Offload the excess paint on a folded paper towel, make sure there is no excess paint. Then, just roll over the stencil applying light to medium pressure for an instant fabulous result! Don't press on the roller too hard otherwise you might get some bleed. Use a separate roller for each color.
Want to learn the easiest stenciling technique? Here are the detailed illustrated Roller Stenciling Tips.
If you prefer shaded multi-color look, use stencil brushes ( one per each color) instead of a roller to create beautiful soft shading.
We find that it is not necessary to use spray adhesive with our stencils, however if you want very crisp edges or are using high contrasting colors, please use it (Elmer's spray adhesive seems to be the best). On the pictures above I didn't use spray adhesive and still got nice and crisp edges. The trick with stenciling is to take care not to over-load your roller or brush with paint and not to press too hard on a roller while stenciling. I personally prefer just to use blue painter's tape to secure the stencil, but for beginners I would recommend using spray adhesive just to make sure you get great results.
When stenciling on fabric, stencil adhesive is very helpful. First, tape your fabric to the surface so it doesn't have any wrinkles or move around while you stencil. Use stencil brushes, or dense foam roller, and add some textile medium ( sold in craft stores) to your acrylics. You can also get a special fabric paint, but, frankly, good craft acrylics with a dollop of medium work just as well, IMO, and cost much less too! Use very little paint while stenciling. Let the finished stenciled image dry completely, 24 hours is best, then heat-set it by ironing the fabric for about 20 sec. ( more or less) on a low setting through the piece of cloth. Heat-setting will cure the paint and will prevent it from being washed off in the washing machine. Always experiment with a sample of your fabric first to ensure good results. I've stenciled on silk, cotton, linen and even sheer fabrics with great results. It's always better if your fabric doesn't have too much texture.
The stencil is made out of durable 12 mil clear plastic stencil material. This material is strong but flexible, reusable and easy to clean. We love it so much more than standard 5-8 mil Mylar! It's not brittle, user friendly and just so easy to work with, you'll love the way it "hugs" the wall surface! In our many years of professional stenciling this material has proven to be far superior than any other stencil material we used. Our customers love it too, and we are sure that you'll notice the difference. Our stencils will last a long time and are a pleasure to use.
- If you compare our stencil thickness, size, design quality and prices, you will be amazed at the value that Cutting Edge Stencils offers!
- Our stencils are expertly designed by decorative painting professionals, so when you're buying a stencil from Cutting Edge it's backed by our 20+ years of painting and decorating experience.
- Our Sturdy and Reusable stencils can be used again and again. One stencil can produce many images unlike one-time use vinyl decals. Our stencils are laser cut from 10 mil mylar stencil material which is user-friendly and easy to clean.
- Stencils are super economical! Stenciling is more cost effective than wallpaper, decals or faux finishes. Stencils work on walls, even lightly textured ones, also on floors, ceilings, furniture and fabric You are not limited with your color choices. Choose any paint color you want to perfectly match your decor Stencils will never damage your walls. No peeling, no glue residue, no worries.
- Unlike decals or wallpaper, stenciling is easy to touch-up, adjust or re-do. With most decals you only get one chance to install it right. With wallpaper, the splitting seams and messy removal together with high cost makes it a less attractive option.
- We ship our stencils fast using USPS Priority Mail and also offer Expedited shipping options and International shipping at very competitive rates.
- Our large stencil collection is constantly growing reflecting the most current decorating trends, so you have plenty of modern stencil designs to choose from.
- We offer custom scaling of our designs up or down to accommodate your specific project.
- Our customer service is the best and the friendliest! We are here for you to answer your questions, to help you place an order, and to solve any possible issues.
- Cutting Edge Stencils is an established leading brand with a huge social following, actively present on all major social platforms. We offer the best in the industry video tutorials and expert stenciling instructions.