Cutting Edge Stencils Spotted on the Oprah Network’s #OWNShow
Welcome back, my DIY loving friends. Cutting Edge Stencils recently spotted one of our fabulous stencil designs on a #OWNShow webisode. Can you believe it? It gets even better. This short video shows viewers how they can transform a side table in just two minutes. Yup, you read that right. We can hardly contain our enthusiasm for this latest web stint. Let’s take a look…
What is the #OWNShow?
#OWNShow is a new exclusive digital series on the Oprah Network. It features snackable moments that include life-tips, short stories, and personalities from Oprah.com, OWN, and O Magazine. You can watch all of their short videos here but if you missed our stencil cameo then watch it below.
In this episode, Kim Myles, one of our stencil designers and a regular on Home Made Simple, shares an easy DIY project that can have a huge impact on a space. In a matter of two minutes, she shows viewers how to transform a side table using a beautiful stencil and a can of spray paint. Here’s how she did it.
First you’re gonna need this stuff listed below:
A stencil (for this project the Chinese Ginkgo Stencilwas used)
- Elmer’s Repositionable Spray Adhesive
- Spray Paint
1. Gather Materials: Start the stencil project by gathering all of the materials listed above.
2. Spray the Stencil: Position the stencil design on the table. Measure the placement of the stencil to ensure the pattern is centered. Then spray the back of the stencil with the spray adhesive. This will adhere the stencil to the table and help keep paint from seeping underneath. When spraying the stencil, be sure to do it in an open or well ventilated area.
3. Position the Stencil: Lay your stencil flat and press it down.
4. Start Stenciling: Then spray the spray paint over the stencil pattern. For this project, Kim used gold metallic spray paint. Because she used spray paint, the paint coverage may not be even. Be sure to coat the stencil design until you are happy with the look.
5. Remove the Stencil: Remove the stencil and you’ll be in awe of your gorgeous design.
See how easy that was to dress up a table with stencils? Now let’s admire your gorgeous home decor creation!
What do you think about this quick stencil project? Leave us a comment below!
Looking for more stencil fun?
- Shop our stencil designs and find the perfect stencil for your project!
- Follow us on Pinterest to see awesome inspirational photos!
- Have you completed a stencil project? Come share it on Facebook!
Thanks for reading and happy stenciling!
Michelle and the Cutting Edge Stencils Crew