Learn How-To Stencil A Wall Quote Stencil
Hope ya’ll are having a Terrific Tuesday, my be-YOU-tiful stencilers! Did you know that you can ‘create‘ anything that you ‘imagine‘? Trust us, we ‘believe‘ in you an an you can quote us on that! Sometimes all it takes is one word of motivation to make your ‘dream‘ come true.
And this why Cutting Edge Stencils was super excited to launch the much anticipated, Wall Quote Stencil line. The new line of reusable wall quote stencils includes 15 phrases with a positive message that can be stenciled on walls, pillows and fabrics or even on canvas to create your own wall art! So cool, right? OK, but now you’re probably wondering how you actually stencil these. Well that’s what we’re going to talk about today. We’ve put together a quick informative video that discusses the tips and tricks to for stenciling these wall quotes in your space.
If you’re a visual sort of person then you’re going to enjoy this short how-to video that will show you how easy it is to use the wall quote stencil.
See didn’t I tell you that was an easy! And for your convenience, I’ve added in a quick recap!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Your Cutting Edge Wall Quote Stencil
- A mini dense foam roller for each paint color
- Stencil brushes
- Acrylic craft paint (FolkArt found at Michaels or JoAnns)
- Large styrofoam plate
- Low tack painters tape
- Paper towels
Here are the Simple Steps to Stenciling A Wall Quote:
In this video, we’ve used our Baby Boy Wall Quote Stencil to paint the walls of a nursery. Before we began, we made sure the walls nursery walls were clean and dust-free!
1. You can place the wall quote stencil anywhere you want on the wall and adhere it with a few pieces of blue painters tape. Do not opt for masking tape, as it will be too sticky and potentially pull off paint from the wall when you remove it!
2. Just slide the clip-on stencil level onto your wall quote stencil to ensure that the stencil is placed straight on the wall. It goes on very easy and you should make sure it sits tight against the stencil. Once it’s in place make sure the bubble is between the two black lines and that’s going to tell you that your stencil is level.
3. Pour some of the paint color you desire onto your styrofoam plate. Load your dense foam roller by rolling it into the paint a few times. Make sure to put some pressure on your roller as you load it so that the paint is absorbed evenly.
4. Blot off the excess paint onto your folded paper towel until the roller looks almost dry. It is key to use as little paint as possible when stenciling. Too much paint will cause the design to bleed and smudge.
5. When painting, don’t push on the paint roller to hard. Build up your paint coverage slowly.
6. After you’ve painted the stencil, wait about five minutes to remove the stencil from the wall and WAHLA! A beautiful wall quote for your nursery wall!
For more on stencils:
- Shop our Wall Quote Designs and find the perfect one for your space!
- Check out our other stencil videos!
- Once you complete that stencil project, come share it on Facebook!
Thanks for watching and reading! Happy stenciling, DIYers!
Michelle and the Cutting Edge Stencils Crew