Cutting Edge Stencils‘ Craft Stencils Perfect for Designing Bags
Redecorating an old, drab bag can be fun and easy when using Cutting Edge Stencils‘ Craft Stencil Patterns! A few of our crafty DIY bloggers have used our paint stencils for design ideas to transform their totes into head-turning decorative bags! We just love when our stencils are used for creative crafts!
Larissa from the blog Just Another Day in Paradise stenciled her own fabulous looking tote with Cutting Edge Stencils‘ Zamira Craft Stencil pattern in size Medium! She assembled the whole bag herself, using duck cloth fabric, Martha Stewart Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint, and the Zamira Stencil! The end result? This totally chic stenciled Carry All Tote!
Two other adorable bag transformations come to us from Amy of the blog Positively Splendid and Kass Wilson! Amy’s bright orange tote was stenciled with Cutting Edge Stencils’ Hand Forged Stencil Pattern, and she even added a big, beautiful bow to spice things up! Kass’ darker, yet totally charming tote was stenciled with our Zinna Grande Flower Stencil! It’s super daring and runway ready!
Amy from Positively Splendid
Tips and Tricks for Stenciling on Fabric:
- 1. Iron your fabric so it is void of wrinkles and tape the tote to a flat surface so it does not move!
- 2. Use spray adhesive to lightly mist the stencil, wait a few seconds for it to dry, and press the stencil down on the surface so that is sticks!
- 3. Use a stencil brush on a small project or a dense foam roller on a larger tote!
- 4. Use craft acrylic paint mixing in a dollop of textile medium! Remove excess paint onto a paper towel (use very little paint)!
- 5. After it dries, heat set your stencil design onto the fabric by pressing your iron for about 20 seconds on a low setting through the piece of soft thin cotton cloth!
Want to stencil your own tote?:
- Shop Cutting Edge Stencils for the stencil pattern that you desire!
- Read our blog How To Stencil a Tote Bag in 4 Easy Steps!
- Follow our blog for more stencil how-to tutorials!
Thanks for reading!
Melissa and the Cutting Edge Stencils Crew