7 Helpful Tips to Stencil like a Pro: How to Paint your Walls
Completely unimpressed with the tired interior design of the rooms in your home? Cutting Edge Stencils can fix that! Our abundance of stencil designs give you the option to easily decorate your walls how you choose, and splash some life back into your home!
Jen, our talented DIYer from Life, Crafts & Whatever, really adores our stencil patterns, and just finished creating the third stenciled room in her home! This time, for her guest bathroom, Jen chose to use the Julia Allover Stencil on one wall.
Here are some TIPS & TRICKS Jen found helpful during her stencil escapades that will definitely help you stencil flawlessly!
1. Use multiple pieces of painter’s tape to stick the stencil flat to the wall.
2. Place rolled up pieces of tape underneath negative space to reduce slippage.
3. If painter’s tape proves insufficient, use spray adhesive as extra stick support.
4. If ALL ELSE fails, a thumbtack might be another adherent option.
5. Use the CLIP-ON STENCIL LEVEL to ensure straightness and evenness.
6. Less is more when it comes to paint! Roll off excess paint on a paper towel before you begin stenciling.
7. Watch our How-To videos to see step-by-step instructions.
Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa and the Cutting Edge Stencils Crew