Chinoiserie Birds and Roses Wall Mural Stencil
USPS can deliver most domestic packages within 3-5 business days (often sooner). For international packages, the delivery time is appr. 7-14 days. For Expedited shipping please select the options at the Checkout. Allow 1 business day for processing of all expedited orders.
You can return your unused items within 30 days with no restocking fee. Questions? Please see our full Shipping and Returns Policy.
If you require custom size stencils, please contact us.
Single overlay design.
Small: Sheet: 28" x 50”; Design: 25” x 46”
Large: 2-Sheet Design; Total Design Size: 31” x 65.5”
Single Bird stencil is included for FREE!
Check out this gorgeous Birds and Roses Chinoiserie Mural stencil! Cutting Edge Stencils is very proud to introduce our amazing Chinoiserie Stencil collection. We made these gorgeous stencils so that DIY-ers can finally have an affordable Chinoiserie Chic! No more drooling over glossy interior design magazines and Pinterest :) With our oriental mural designs you can create breathtaking Chinoiserie rooms without breaking the bank. As you probably know, traditional hand-painted chinoiserie wallpaper can cost many hundreds if not thousands of dollars, but with our reusable stencils the project becomes very affordable. We sketched these beautiful asian stencil designs based on Janna's garden favorites: Japanese tree peonies, roses, elderberry and chrysanthemums. Cheerful tropical birds fit right in and bring a touch of exotic elegance with their long swaying tail feathers.
Each chinoiserie mural panel is about 45" tall and is designed to fit above the chair rail. If you don't have an existing chair rail - no problem - you can easily paint a faux one by masking it out with painter's tape. The chinoiserie rooms look best if you purchase 2 different stencil panels and use them in alternating manner - this way the overall design is not too repetitive. But, as you can see from our pictures, repeating one panel looks great too, somewhat resembling an allover stencil pattern! These chinoiserie stencil panels do not have registration marks, as these are not interlocking stencils, so in case you're doing an entire wall, you'll need to measure and mark you placement to achieve even spacing between panels.
The stencil panel comes with a free Single Bird stencil - just so you can get into all the tight places when finishing your panel
This intricate chinoiserie stencil is actually quite easy to use, virtually anyone can do it. No kidding! The panels don't have registration like interlocking allover stencils, thus making stenciling rather easy. Simply tape it to the wall using BLUE painter's tape, then load your foam roller with the paint of your choice (latex or acrylic). Get rid of excess paint by rolling the foam roller over a folded paper towel. Then, just roll it over the stencil applying medium pressure for an instant fabulous result! Don't press on the roller too hard otherwise you might get some bleed. If you want to get more creative, stencil the birds in a different color. And if you really feeling artistic, go for a full-blown multi-color stenciling using brushes and shading techniques. Try experimenting with various colors, the most trendy color combinations include various shades of blue, but don't limit yourself - try stenciling in bold colors and even shimmering metallic paints!
We recommend using this stencil with our awesome Clip-on Stencil Level, (sold separately) as you probably want your Chinoiserie panels perfectly leveled! Discover how easy it is to achieve perfectly level results without dealing with those bulky heavy bubble levels and annoying laser levels. Sold exclusively by Cutting Edge Stencils!
For expert stenciling tips, please watch our How-to stencil videos! You'll find them extremely helpful for your stenciling project. Even beginners get great results!
Although most of our stencils do not require the use of spray adhesive, if your walls have a texture to them, it might be a good idea to use spray adhesive to help minimize paint seepage (Elmer's spray adhesive seems to be the best). Make sure you shake the can well and lightly mist (not drench) the stencil, and let it dry for a moment before positioning it on the wall. This step will prevent the adhesive residue transferring to the wall. You'll need to re-mist the stencil after a few repeats. Note: you will still need to hold the stencil in place with a few pieces of blue painters tape! Adhesive by itself is not enough to hold the stencil on the wall. Clean-up tip: Spray the stencil with Simple Green to help to remove adhesive residue and let it sit for a while before cleaning with soap and water. Please note that it is virtually impossible to get rid of all adhesive residue. That's why we personally prefer not to use it and just stick with painter's tape!
Stenciling on rough or textured walls may contribute to increased paint bleed. For more information on stenciling on textured walls, see our F.A.Q. section.
About seepage and imperfections: Even with a proper loaded roller and correct technique you might get some minor paint seepage here and there. In most cases it's not noticeable, especially from a couple of feet away and it can be easily touched up with a small brush. Don't forget that you're creating a "hand-painted wall finish". A few imperfections and some paint seepage here and there are natural and inevitable for this type of work. To avoid seepage, use spray adhesive and less paint on your roller and brush.
Did you know you can stencil your own fabric and use it for curtains, tablecloths, pillows, etc.? When stenciling on fabric, please use stencil adhesive to ensure good results. First, tape your ironed fabric to the surface so it doesn't move around while you stencil. You'll get better results with stencil brushes, but sometimes roller can work too, depending on your fabric. Add some textile medium ( sold in craft stores) to your acrylic paint. You can also get a specially formulated fabric paint, but, frankly, good craft acrylic paint with a dollop of textile medium mixed in works just as well, and costs way less! :) Let the stenciled image dry completely, 24 hours is best, then heat-set it by ironing the fabric for about 20-30 seconds on a LOW setting through the piece of cloth. Heat-setting will cure the paint and will prevent it from being washed off in the washing machine. Always experiment with a sample of your fabric first to ensure good results. We have stenciled on silk, cotton, linen and even sheer fabrics with great results. It's always better if your fabric doesn't have too much texture.
All of our stencils are made of thick, sturdy but flexible 12 mil clear plastic, reusable, easy to clean and stenciler-friendly! In our 20+ years of professional stenciling this material has proven to be far superior than any other material we used, including the industry standard 8 mil mylar.
We are certain you'll notice the difference and will love working with it, just like all the folks who already bought our stencils.
Our stencils are made to last and with proper care and storage will serve you for long time.
- Dense Foam 2" Roller with Handle for smaller DIY stenciling projects Dense foam 2" roller with metal handle$1.95
- If you compare our stencil thickness, size, design quality and prices, you will be amazed at the value that Cutting Edge Stencils offers!
- Our stencils are expertly designed by decorative painting professionals, so when you're buying a stencil from Cutting Edge it's backed by our 20+ years of painting and decorating experience.
- Our Sturdy and Reusable stencils can be used again and again. One stencil can produce many images unlike one-time use vinyl decals. Our stencils are laser cut from 10 mil mylar stencil material which is user-friendly and easy to clean.
- Stencils are super economical! Stenciling is more cost effective than wallpaper, decals or faux finishes. Stencils work on walls, even lightly textured ones, also on floors, ceilings, furniture and fabric You are not limited with your color choices. Choose any paint color you want to perfectly match your decor Stencils will never damage your walls. No peeling, no glue residue, no worries.
- Unlike decals or wallpaper, stenciling is easy to touch-up, adjust or re-do. With most decals you only get one chance to install it right. With wallpaper, the splitting seams and messy removal together with high cost makes it a less attractive option.
- We ship our stencils fast using USPS Priority Mail and also offer Expedited shipping options and International shipping at very competitive rates.
- Our large stencil collection is constantly growing reflecting the most current decorating trends, so you have plenty of modern stencil designs to choose from.
- We offer custom scaling of our designs up or down to accommodate your specific project.
- Our customer service is the best and the friendliest! We are here for you to answer your questions, to help you place an order, and to solve any possible issues.
- Cutting Edge Stencils is an established leading brand with a huge social following, actively present on all major social platforms. We offer the best in the industry video tutorials and expert stenciling instructions.