Buffalo Checks Allover Stencil
USPS can deliver most domestic packages within 3-5 business days (often sooner). For international packages, the delivery time is appr. 7-14 days. For Expedited shipping please select the options at the Checkout. Allow 1 business day for processing of all expedited orders.
You can return your unused items within 30 days with no restocking fee. Questions? Please see our full Shipping and Returns Policy.
If you require custom size stencils, please contact us.
Single overlay stencil.
SMALL: sheet 23.75"x32.5", design 20.75"x29"; each element is approx. 4"x4"
LARGE: sheet 22"x40.4", design 19"x31.8"; each element is approx. 6.25"x6.25"
Free Top Edge Stencil included!
With Our Buffalo Check stencil you don't need to use masking tape to create a classic look on your walls! This pattern can be stenciled on an accent wall, in a dining room or even a powder room. And stenciling this Buffalo Check pattern in a nursery can be absolutely adorable. For a true classic 3-color Buffalo check look, make sure your wall is painted in MEDIUM value. Using a stencil, with 2 small dense foam rollers, stencil your LIGHT and DARK values on the same stencil plate. Please watch our video for exact technique. No matter where you use our Buffalo Check stencil pattern, you will be capturing one of todays hottest design trends!
Stencil features an easy registration system, just use rows of the previously painted design to align the stencil, check for level and continue. This gives you a seamless "wallpaper" look.
Our Buffalo Check stencil pattern is based on a classic textile design introduced in the US in 1850. But this classic pattern has Scottish roots dating back to the 1700’s! The textile designer kept a herd of Buffalo and so his pattern was nicknamed “The Buffalo Check”. But today, this trendy stencil design has found it’s way into some of the most stylish interiors.
While prior stenciling experience is a plus when using wallpaper stencils, but even beginners get great results! This plaid design is recommended for feature/accent wall or entire room, and also works for furniture and fabric embellishment. You can try stenciling this design on the front of a dresser using a stencil brush.
This geometric stencil comes with an additional FREE Top Edge stencil: the upper part of the design cut as a smaller separate stencil. It makes it easy to fill the gaps close to the ceiling line. To see how to use Top part stencils, click here for Illustrated instructions: Using Top Edge Stencils
Try this stencil with our Clip-on Stencil Level, (sold separately) and discover how easy it is to achieve perfectly level stencil results without a hassle of using a bulky level.
Want to learn how to stencil a damask or allover pattern? Here are the detailed illustrated step-by-step Damask/Allover Stenciling Tips.
And make sure you watch our short step-by-step Video Tutorials! You'll find them extremely helpful for your stenciling project. Even beginners get great results!
Stenciling on rough or textured walls may contribute to increased paint bleed. For more information on stenciling on textured walls, see our F.A.Q. section.
Although usually it is not necessary to use spray adhesive with our stencils, for this geometric pattern it is recommended. If you want to minimize paint seepage or are using high contrasting colors, adhesive is very helpful (Elmer's spray adhesive seems to be the best). Make sure you shake the can well and lightly mist (not drench) the stencil, and let it dry for a moment before positioning it on the wall. This step will prevent the adhesive residue transferring to the wall. You'll need to re-mist the stencil after a few repeats. Clean-up tip: Spray the stencil with Simple Green to help to remove adhesive residue.
About seepage and imperfections: Even with a proper loaded roller and correct technique you might get some minor paint seepage here and there. In most cases it's not noticeable, especially from a couple of feet away and it can be easily touched up with a small brush. Don't forget that you're creating a "hand-painted wall finish". A few imperfections and some paint seepage here and there are natural and inevitable for this type of work. To avoid seepage, use spray adhesive and less paint on your roller and brush.
Our stencils are made to last and with proper care and storage will serve you for a long time.
- Dense Foam 2" Roller with Handle for smaller DIY stenciling projects Dense foam 2" roller with metal handle$1.95
- If you compare our stencil thickness, size, design quality and prices, you will be amazed at the value that Cutting Edge Stencils offers!
- Our stencils are expertly designed by decorative painting professionals, so when you're buying a stencil from Cutting Edge it's backed by our 20+ years of painting and decorating experience.
- Our Sturdy and Reusable stencils can be used again and again. One stencil can produce many images unlike one-time use vinyl decals. Our stencils are laser cut from 10 mil mylar stencil material which is user-friendly and easy to clean.
- Stencils are super economical! Stenciling is more cost effective than wallpaper, decals or faux finishes. Stencils work on walls, even lightly textured ones, also on floors, ceilings, furniture and fabric You are not limited with your color choices. Choose any paint color you want to perfectly match your decor Stencils will never damage your walls. No peeling, no glue residue, no worries.
- Unlike decals or wallpaper, stenciling is easy to touch-up, adjust or re-do. With most decals you only get one chance to install it right. With wallpaper, the splitting seams and messy removal together with high cost makes it a less attractive option.
- We ship our stencils fast using USPS Priority Mail and also offer Expedited shipping options and International shipping at very competitive rates.
- Our large stencil collection is constantly growing reflecting the most current decorating trends, so you have plenty of modern stencil designs to choose from.
- We offer custom scaling of our designs up or down to accommodate your specific project.
- Our customer service is the best and the friendliest! We are here for you to answer your questions, to help you place an order, and to solve any possible issues.
- Cutting Edge Stencils is an established leading brand with a huge social following, actively present on all major social platforms. We offer the best in the industry video tutorials and expert stenciling instructions.