Hello hello, Cutting Edge Stencils fam! We have another GORGEOUS floral stencil to show off today. Thinking of stenciling another feature wall? We’ve got you covered! This metallic floral feature wall is what you need to make a bold statement in any bedroom, living room, or hallway makeover! Not to mention it is an easier and much more affordable alternative to pricey wallpaper. Let’s show you how it’s done!
What You’ll Need:
- Wild Roses Allover Stencil
- 4 piece Professional Stencil Brush Kit
- Tequila Gold Metallic
- Blackened Bronze Metallic
- Modern Masters Pearl White Metallic
- Benjamin Moore Black Flat Latex
Using a clip-on stencil level, evenly place your wall stencil on the wall. Apply spray adhesive to the back of the stencil for extra adhesion and use blue painters tape to keep the stencil in place.
Begin by filling in just the floral design on the floral stencil! Paint the roses in a flat white first. Then, once dried, you may go back over it with Pearl White Metallic Paint by Modern masters.
Next, begin filling in the leaves. Using another professional stencil brush gently pounce the color on the wall! Here we used a gorgeous Metallic Tequila Gold!
Go back into the stencil and fill the stems with a darker gold. Again, be sure to use another small stencil brush so you do can keep track of your color! We used Metallic Blackened Bronze for this gold.
Last, once the flat white paint is dried we went back with the same Tequila Gold for some shading. It is super simple and all you need to do is this dry brush technique. Make sure your professional stencil brush has very little paint on it (Pro Tip: it should be almost dry to the touch) and shade the edges of the rose to create a shadow look!
Peal back the the floral stencil to view your metallic masterpiece.
Now to continue the pattern, you must align the stencil with the previously painted registration marks. If you follow these, the stencil pattern will come out straight each time!
Continue the same techniques above for each stencil placement!
Go back and shade in with more metallic tequila gold where necessary to make it pop! All of our Floral patterns are great stencils for painting on walls and floors!
And there you have it! This gorgeous metallic floral feature wall is just what this bedroom needed to be the perfect makeover. This is such a great alternative to wallpaper and you also just saved hundreds of dollars! What do you think?
Can’t get enough of Cutting Edge Stencils:
- Check out our Cutting Edge Stencils Facebook Page to see our beautiful customer photos and interact with the people who created them!
- Buy our Tile Stencils or Wall Stencils for your next stencil project, and browse our other wonderful stencil designs
- Follow us on Instagram and Pinterest and share your designs using #CuttingEdgeStencils. We love seeing your projects!
- Feeling inspired? Check out our other Blog posts for more inspo and stencil designs!
Thanks for reading and happy stenciling!
Karli & The Cutting Edge Stencils Crew