Nagoya Allover Stencil
USPS can deliver most domestic packages within 3-5 business days (often sooner). For international packages, the delivery time is appr. 7-14 days. For Expedited shipping please select the options at the Checkout. Allow 1 business day for processing of all expedited orders.
You can return your unused items within 30 days with no restocking fee. Questions? Please see our full Shipping and Returns Policy.
If you require custom size stencils, please contact us.
SMALL: Sheet: 23.5"x29", Design: 19.5"x24.6"
LARGE : Sheet: 24"x33.5, Design: 20.5"x27.3"
Top part stencil and a Small single stencil are included for FREE!
Why use wallpaper when you can stencil your walls? Try this elegant stencil Nagoya. This allover stencil was inspired by traditional Japanese kimono patterns of Edo period. Perfect for your next DIY wall painting project! This beautiful design will look stunning stenciled on your accent wall.
This stencil comes with an additional FREE Top part: the upper part of the design cut as a smaller separate stencil. It makes it easy to fill the gaps close to the ceiling line. To see how to use Top part stencils, click here for Illustrated instructions: Using Top Part Stencils
We also included a FREE little single stencil, just to help you to get into the tighter places around moldings, light switches, tight corners etc.
Stencil features an easy registration system, just use rows of the previously painted design to align the stencil, check for level and continue. This gives you a seamless "wallpaper" look. Don't worry about super perfect alignment: in the end your eye will never ever notice the discrepancy. We decorative pros "fudge" damasks and allover patterns all the time! The walls in most houses are often not straight, so some "fudging" while stenciling is very helpful and, in the end, not noticeable.
Stenciling on rough or textured walls may contribute to increased paint bleed. For more information on stenciling on textured walls, see our F.A.Q. section.
While prior stenciling experience is a plus for allover patterns, even beginner stencilers get great results! This design is recommended for feature/accent walls, and also works for furniture and fabric embellishment.
Try this stencil with our new Clip-on Stencil Level, (sold separately) and discover how easy it is to achieve perfectly level results without dealing with all those bulky heavy bubble levels and annoying laser levels.
Want to learn how to stencil a damask or allover pattern? Here are the detailed illustrated step-by-step Damask/Allover Stenciling Tips.
And make sure you watch our short step-by-step Video Tutorials!
You'll find them extremely helpful for your stenciling project. Even beginners get great results!
Although usually it is not necessary to use spray adhesive with our stencils, for this crisp geometric pattern it is recommended. If you want to minimize paint seepage or are using high contrasting colors, adhesive is very helpful (Elmer's spray adhesive seems to be the best). Make sure you shake the can well and lightly mist (not drench) the stencil, and let it dry for a moment before positioning it on the wall. This step will prevent the adhesive residue transferring to the wall. You'll need to re-mist the stencil after a few repeats. Clean-up tip: Spray the stencil with Simple Green to help to remove adhesive residue.
About seepage and imperfections: Even with a proper loaded roller and correct technique you might get some minor paint seepage here and there. In most cases it's not noticeable, especially from a couple of feet away and it can be easily touched up with a small brush. Don't forget that you're creating a "hand-painted wall finish". A few imperfections and some paint seepage here and there are natural and inevitable for this type of work. To avoid seepage, use spray adhesive and less paint on your roller and brush.
Did you know you can stencil your own fabric and use it for curtains, tablecloths, pillows, etc.? When stenciling on fabric, stencil adhesive is very helpful. First, tape your ironed fabric to the surface so it doesn't move around while you stencil. Use stencil brushes, or roller, and add some textile medium ( sold in craft stores) to your acrylic paint. You can also get a special fabric paint, but, frankly, good craft acrylics with a dollop of textile medium work just as well, and cost way less too! :) Let the stenciled image dry completely, 24 hours is best, then heat-set it by ironing the fabric for about 20 sec. ( more or less) on a LOW setting through the piece of cloth. Heat-setting will cure the paint and will prevent it from being washed off in the washing machine. Always experiment with a sample of your fabric first to ensure good results. I've stenciled on silk, cotton, linen and even sheer fabrics with great results. It's always better if your fabric doesn't have too much texture.
All of our stencils are made of thick, sturdy but flexible 12 mil clear plastic, reusable, easy to clean and stenciler-friendly! In our 20+ years of professional stenciling this material has proven to be far superior than any other material we used, including the industry standard 8 mil mylar.
We are certain you'll notice the difference and will love working with it, just like all the folks who already bought our stencils.
Our stencils are made to last and with proper care and storage will serve you for a long time.
- Dense Foam 2" Roller with Handle for smaller DIY stenciling projects Dense foam 2" roller with metal handle$1.95
- If you compare our stencil thickness, size, design quality and prices, you will be amazed at the value that Cutting Edge Stencils offers!
- Our stencils are expertly designed by decorative painting professionals, so when you're buying a stencil from Cutting Edge it's backed by our 20+ years of painting and decorating experience.
- Our Sturdy and Reusable stencils can be used again and again. One stencil can produce many images unlike one-time use vinyl decals. Our stencils are laser cut from 10 mil mylar stencil material which is user-friendly and easy to clean.
- Stencils are super economical! Stenciling is more cost effective than wallpaper, decals or faux finishes. Stencils work on walls, even lightly textured ones, also on floors, ceilings, furniture and fabric You are not limited with your color choices. Choose any paint color you want to perfectly match your decor Stencils will never damage your walls. No peeling, no glue residue, no worries.
- Unlike decals or wallpaper, stenciling is easy to touch-up, adjust or re-do. With most decals you only get one chance to install it right. With wallpaper, the splitting seams and messy removal together with high cost makes it a less attractive option.
- We ship our stencils fast using USPS Priority Mail and also offer Expedited shipping options and International shipping at very competitive rates.
- Our large stencil collection is constantly growing reflecting the most current decorating trends, so you have plenty of modern stencil designs to choose from.
- We offer custom scaling of our designs up or down to accommodate your specific project.
- Our customer service is the best and the friendliest! We are here for you to answer your questions, to help you place an order, and to solve any possible issues.
- Cutting Edge Stencils is an established leading brand with a huge social following, actively present on all major social platforms. We offer the best in the industry video tutorials and expert stenciling instructions.