Cutting Edge Stencils Shares Stenciled Spaces Using Pantone’s Spring Color Trends for 2014
Welcome back, my color enthusiasts! It’s finally starting to feel like spring for us here at Cutting Edge Stencils. The weather is warming, the sun is shining slightly longer, and we have a lot of home projects to prepare for the new spring season. Do you like to update your decor based on the season? We sure do! Adding new colors and patterns to the mix is certainly refreshing. Now if you’re wondering what colors are going to be trendy for spring 2014, then have no fear. Pantone announced its 2014 top spring colors, so let’s take a look and see how these could be used with our stencils to invigorate your home for the season.
2014 Spring Color Trends
1. Dazzling Blue: We already called out blue as the best color to paint in a bedroom (see this post) and Pantone is calling it the number one trend color for spring. A cross between a royal blue and cobalt blue, this hue is bold and electric. Our fabulous Instagram fan, Christina, painted this dazzling color in her bedroom using our Hacienda Allover stencil pattern. We’re dazzled by her creative use of color!
2. Freesia: The next trend color was inspired by the recent popularity of farmers’ markets and farm to table restaurants. This beautiful floral color has positive vibes and is often associated with spring. Don’t get us wrong, while we love this vibrant hue, we totally understand that it can be overwhelming as a wall color. We see this as a great accent color in a neutral painted space. Similar to this gray Moroccan Dream stenciled entry wall painted by Suburbs Mama.
3. Cayenne: The name alone suggests that this is a color with a little kick to it! This reddish, orange is slightly exotic and provides the perfect amount of creative energy for a craft room. Our facebook fan, Iva, painted our Chevron Allover stencil in this eye-catching hue in her craft space.
4. Placid Blue : This dependable hue is the polar opposite of Dazzling Blue. It is far more calming and offers a hint of optimism since it’s reminiscent of a blue sky. Our fan, Erica, painted our African Kuba Allover stencil in this popular color in her living room.
5. Paloma: Super stylish and always sophisticated, this gray hue is “the quintessential neutral,” according to Pantone. Spotted on Instagram, Stayday painted our intricate Vision Allover pattern in this soft, calming color. Isn’t this space dreamy?
6. Sand: This variation of beige can add a certain warmth to any space. It’s the perfect neutral for spring and summer. Jess, the creative DIYer from Work, Play, Etc., painted our Zamira Allover pattern using this color on an accent wall in her living room.
7. Hemlock: Rounding out this list of popular springtime colors is this unexpected shade of green. Green has been growing in popularity lately as designers continue to reinvent the old hue with a modern twist. Sarah Whiting, the clever designer behind Sarah Belle Designs, stenciled an old table using our Zamira Allover pattern in a Hemlock-like hue for a charity auction. Read all about it here.
So tell us which one of these trendy spring colors you would be most likely to use in your home? We’d love to read your comments in the section below!
Still looking for more stenciling fun?
- Shop our stencil designs and find the perfect stencil for your project!
- Follow us on Pinterest to see awesome inspirational photos!
- Have you completed a stencil project? Come share it on Facebook!
Thanks for reading, and happy stenciling!
Michelle and the Cutting Edge Stencils Crew