How to Tutorial Using Wall Stencils
Due to Cutting Edge Stencils‘ Flash Sale Thusday (11.8.12 ONLY), I decided to choose my favorite MARRAKECH TRELLIS ALLOVER STENCIL how to project and share it with all of our lovely fans in case you all needed a little DIY stencil inspiration!
Shelly, from the blog Crazy Wonderful, used our Marrakech Trellis Allover painting stencils in size large as a room decorating idea for an accent wall in her mother’s sitting room! Shelly’s painting idea for a wall design really brought some glam and elegance to the room!
The Marrakech Trellis Allover Stencil design comes with a top part stencil for the ceiling, a large main piece, and a small single stencil for corners.
Shelley used the top part stencil to create a border where the ceiling meets the wall. She then lined up the main stencil under the border, secured it to the wall using painters tape, and painted using a dense foam roller. After stenciling the body of the wallMi, Shelley easily painted the side corners with the small single stencil.
1. Don’t overload your roller with paint! Less is more (and cleaner) when it comes to stenciling. Roll off excess paint on a paper towel before painting the walls!
2. Mix different sheens of paint or glazes together to create your own style of paint!
3. Plan out how you will tackle stenciling the top and corners of the walls before you start painting!
Want to get this look in your home?
- Purchase Cutting Edge Stencils‘ Marrakech Trellis today!
- Read our blog post with Corner Stenciling Tips!
Thanks for reading!
Melissa and the Cutting Edge Stencils Crew