Cutting Edge Stencils Shares Step by Step Instructions to Stencil A Wall Quote Stencil
Hope ya’ll are having a super creative Thursday, my inspirational stencilers! Because of you, our fabulous and oh-so-crafty fans, Cutting Edge Stencils has pretty much learned that you can ‘create‘ anything that you ‘imagine‘! We love the stenciled creativity that you share on our Facebook page and email to our office! But we know that sometimes it takes a little motivation like our positive wall quote stencils to reinforce those creative juices!
Not to long ago we introduced you to our Wall Quote Stencil line, which contains 15 phrases with a positive message that can be stenciled on walls, pillows and fabrics or even on canvas to create your own wall art! Well one of our popular sellers has been the Imagine Stencil. And as you can imagine, you can pretty much do anything with this fun stencil design. Today we’ve got a step by step tutorial and quick video that puts a little twist on stenciling the Imagine wall quote in your space. Ready? Here we go!
If you’re a visual sort of person then you’re going to enjoy this short how-to video that will show you how easy it is to stencil a wall quote design using a brush.
See didn’t I tell you that was an easy! And for your convenience, I’ve added in a quick recap!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Your Cutting Edge Imagine Wall Quote Stencil
- Stencil brush
- Acrylic craft paint (FolkArt found at Michaels or JoAnns)
- Large styrofoam plate
- Low tack painters tape
- Paper towels
Here are the Simple Steps to Stenciling the Imagine Wall Stencil:
In this video, we’ve used our Imagine Wall Stencil on a wall. Before we began, we made sure the walls clean and dust-free!
1. You can place the wall quote stencil anywhere you want on the wall and adhere it with a few pieces of blue painters tape. Do not opt for masking tape, as it will be too sticky and potentially pull off paint from the wall when you remove it!
2. Just slide the clip-on stencil level onto your Imagine Wall Stencil to ensure that the stencil is placed straight on the wall. It goes on very easy and you should make sure it sits tight against the stencil. Once it’s in place make sure the bubble is between the two black lines and that’s going to tell you that your stencil is level.
3. Pour some of the paint color you desire onto your styrofoam plate.
4. Blot off the excess paint onto your folded paper towel until the brush looks almost dry. It is key to use as little paint as possible when stenciling. Too much paint will cause the design to bleed and smudge.
5. Since we’re painting this stencil in a rainbow color scheme, we’ve painted each color in a horizontal line. Build up your paint coverage slowly.
6. After you’ve painted the stencil, wait about five minutes to remove the stencil from the wall and WAHLA! A beautiful positive message in a fun rainbow color scheme!
Where would you use the Imagine Wall Stencil and would you paint it in a rainbow color scheme? Leave us a comment below!
For more on stencils:
- Shop our Wall Quote Designs and find the perfect one for your space!
- Check out our other stencil videos!
- Once you complete that stencil project, come share it on Facebook!
Thanks for watching and reading! Happy stenciling, DIYers!
Michelle and the Cutting Edge Stencils Crew